Adding More Than 50 Emojis to a Discord Server
Discord servers are a great way to connect with friends, communities, or even for official purposes. One of the fun aspects of Discord is the ability to use emojis to express yourself.
However, by default, Discord limits the number of emojis that can be added to a server. In this tutorial, we will learn how to add more than 50 emojis to a Discord server.
To add more than 50 emojis to your Discord server, you need to have the appropriate permissions. Only users with the “Manage Emojis” permission can add and manage emojis in a server.
Step 1: Accessing Server Settings
To begin, open your Discord application and select the server where you want to add more than 50 emojis. Then click on the server’s name at the top-left corner of your screen.
This will open a drop-down menu with various options. Choose “Server Settings” from this menu.
Step 2: Navigating to Emoji Settings
Once you are in the Server Settings, you will see different options on the left-hand side of your screen. Look for the “Emoji” option and click on it. This will take you to the Emoji settings page for your server.
Step 3: Uploading Emojis
On the Emoji settings page, you will find all the emojis currently available on your server. To add more than 50 emojis, click on the “Upload Emoji” button located at the top-right corner of your screen.
This action will prompt a file explorer window where you can select multiple image files (.png or .jpg) containing your desired emojis. You can also choose GIF files if you want animated emojis.
Note: Keep in mind that each emoji must be in PNG or JPG format and should not exceed 256KB in size.
Once you have selected the image files, click on the “Open” button to start uploading them. Discord will process each emoji individually and add them to your server.
Step 4: Naming Emojis
After uploading the emojis, Discord will display them on the Emoji settings page. To make them easily recognizable, it’s essential to give each emoji a name. To do this, simply click on an emoji and enter a descriptive name in the provided text field.
Step 5: Using Your New Emojis
Congratulations! You have successfully added more than 50 emojis to your Discord server. Now you can use these emojis in your messages by typing their names between colons (e.g., :emoji_name:).
- When typing a message in any chat channel, begin by typing “:” followed by the name of the emoji you want to use.
- Discord will suggest matching emojis as you type, making it easier to find and use them.
- Select the desired emoji from the suggestions or continue typing until you see the one you want.
- Once you have inserted the emoji into your message, it will appear as a small image for others to see and react to.
Now that you know how to add more than 50 emojis to a Discord server, feel free to express yourself with an extended range of emojis. Remember, managing emojis is an important responsibility, so make sure not to abuse this feature or violate any guidelines set by your server or community.
Tips for Emoji Management:
Here are some tips for effectively managing and using emojis in your Discord server:
- Categorize: Create folders or categories within your Emoji settings page to organize your emojis based on themes or purposes. This makes it easier for members of your server to find specific emojis when needed.
- Keep it Consistent: Maintain a consistent style or theme for your server’s emojis. This helps create a cohesive visual identity and enhances the overall user experience.
- Consider Animated Emojis: Animated emojis can add an extra layer of fun to your server.
However, keep in mind that animated emojis tend to be larger in file size. Ensure they are not too large and do not impact your server’s performance.
- Customize Roles: Utilize Discord’s role system to grant specific emoji permissions to certain roles within your server. This allows you to control who can use and manage emojis, preventing misuse or abuse.
Discord provides a fun and engaging environment for communication, and emojis play a significant role in expressing emotions, reactions, and adding flair to your messages. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can expand the emoji collection on your Discord server beyond the default limit of 50. Remember to use emojis responsibly and considerately to maintain a positive atmosphere within your community.