Adding Gartic to your Discord server can enhance the gaming experience and bring more fun to your community. Gartic is a popular online drawing game that allows players to showcase their artistic skills while guessing what others have drawn.
If you’re wondering how to add Gartic to your Discord server, you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process step by step.
Step 1: Inviting Gartic Bot
To get started, you need to invite the Gartic bot to your Discord server. The bot will act as a bridge between your server and the Gartic game.
- Open Discord Developer Portal: Go to the Discord Developer Portal and log in with your Discord account.
- Create a New Application: Click on “New Application” and give it a name, such as “Gartic Bot”.
- Create a Bot: Navigate to the “Bot” tab on the left-hand side menu and click on “Add Bot”. Confirm by clicking “Yes, do it! “
- Copy Token: Scroll down and under the “Token” section, click on “Copy” button to copy your bot’s token.
- Add Bot to Server: On the left-hand side menu, go back to “OAuth2” tab. Under “Scopes”, select “bot”.
Scroll down and select permissions for your bot (e.g., Read Messages, Send Messages). Copy the generated link.
- Paste Link: Open a new tab in your browser and paste the copied link. Select your server from the dropdown menu and click “Authorize”.
Step 2: Configuring Gartic Bot
Now that you’ve invited the Gartic bot to your server, it’s time to configure its settings.
- Open Server Settings: On your Discord server, click on the down arrow next to your server name and select “Server Settings”.
- Select Roles: In the left-hand side menu, click on “Roles”. Create a new role or select an existing one for Gartic bot (e., “Gartic Bot”).
Enable permissions like “Manage Channels”, “Manage Messages”, and “Send Messages”.
- Copy Channel ID: Go back to your Discord server, right-click on the text channel where you want to play Gartic, and select “Copy ID”. Paste this ID somewhere safe for later use.
Step 3: Setting up Gartic Bot Commands
The final step is configuring Gartic bot commands to start playing.
- Add a Text Channel: On your Discord server, right-click on the Text Channels area and select “Create Channel”. Give it a name like “gartic-game” and set permissions for the Gartic bot role only.
- Add Bot Prefix: In the text channel you just created, type in “!gartic-prefix [prefix]” to set a prefix for all Gartic bot commands. For example, “!gartic-prefix !” will set the prefix as “!
- Create Drawing Channel: Type “!gartic-draw [channel ID]” to create a drawing channel. Replace [channel ID] with the copied channel ID from Step 2.
- Create Guessing Channel: Type “!gartic-guess [channel ID]” to create a guessing channel. Again, replace [channel ID] with the copied channel ID.
Additional Gartic Bot Commands:
If you want more control over the game, here are some additional commands you can use:
- !gartic-help: Displays Gartic bot commands and their usage.
- !gartic-end: Ends the current game session.
- !gartic-clear: Clears the drawing canvas.
- !gartic-timeout [time]: Sets a time limit (in seconds) for each turn.
Congratulations! You have successfully added Gartic to your Discord server.
Now you and your community can enjoy playing this exciting drawing game together. Let your creativity flow and have fun!