Welcome to this tutorial on how to add fonts to a Discord server! Fonts can add a unique touch to your server, making it stand out and reflect your style.
In this article, we will explore the steps to add custom fonts to your Discord server. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Find a Suitable Font
Before adding a font to your Discord server, you need to find a suitable font that you like. There are numerous websites where you can browse and download free fonts such as Google Fonts, DaFont, or Font Squirrel.
Here’s how you can find fonts on Google Fonts:
- Go to https://fonts.com/
- Browse through the available fonts or use the search feature to find specific ones
- Select the font(s) you want by clicking on the “+” icon next to each font
- Once you have selected all the desired fonts, click on the “Download” button at the bottom-right corner of the screen
Step 2: Preparing Your Font Files
After downloading the font files, make sure they are in a compatible format for Discord. Most of the time, you will receive .ttf (TrueType Font) or .otf (OpenType Font) files from websites.
If your downloaded font files are in a compressed format (e.g., .zip), extract them using an extractor like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
Step 3: Uploading Fonts to Discord Server
To upload custom fonts to your Discord server:
- Open Discord and log in to your server as the administrator or with the necessary permissions
- Create a new channel or choose an existing channel where you want to allow custom fonts
- Click on the channel settings icon (gear icon) next to the channel name
- Select “Edit Channel” from the dropdown menu
- In the “Overview” tab, scroll down to find the “Default Text Channel Permissions” section
- Under “Text Permissions,” enable the “Use External Emojis” option
- Click on “Save Changes”
- Go back to your Discord server’s main screen and click on the arrow beside your server name to access server settings
- Select “Server Settings” from the dropdown menu
- In the left sidebar, choose “Emoji”
- Note: Although we are adding fonts, we will use emojis as placeholders for each character of our custom font.
Step 4: Creating Custom Emoji Fonts in Discord
To create custom emoji fonts:
- In the Emoji tab, click on “+ Upload Emoji”
A file chooser dialog will appear. Select one of your extracted font files (.ttf or .otf).
Repeat this step for each character you want in your custom font.
Step 5: Using Custom Emoji Fonts in Discord Messages
To use your newly created custom emoji fonts in Discord messages:
- Type a message in a text channel where you have enabled external emojis and want to use a custom font
- Before each character you want to replace with your custom font, type ‘:’ and start typing the name of the emoji corresponding to that character. Discord will suggest emojis from your server’s custom emojis.
- Select the emoji that represents the desired character from the suggestions.
- Repeat this for each character you want to replace with your custom font.
- Send your message, and Discord will display it with your custom emoji fonts!
That’s it! You have successfully added custom fonts to your Discord server.
Now you can style your messages with unique and eye-catching fonts. Enjoy personalizing your server and impressing your friends!
I hope this tutorial was helpful in guiding you through the process of adding fonts to a Discord server. Get creative and experiment with different fonts to find the perfect style for your server!