Adding emotes to a Discord server can be a fun and creative way to express yourself and enhance the overall user experience. Whether you want to use custom emotes or add popular ones from other servers, this tutorial will guide you through the process step-by-step.
Step 1: Accessing Server Settings
First, you need to have the necessary permissions to manage the server. Once you have the required access, follow these steps:
- Open Discord: Launch the Discord application on your computer or use the web version by visiting discord.com.
- Select Server: Choose the server where you want to add emotes from your server list on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Access Server Settings: Click on the server’s name at the top-left corner of your screen to open a dropdown menu. From this menu, select “Server Settings.”
Step 2: Navigating Emoji Settings
In “Server Settings,” look for “Emoji” in the left sidebar. Click on it to access all emoji-related settings for your server.
Add Custom Emote
If you want to add custom emotes that are unique to your server, follow these simple instructions:
- Create Emote: Click on the blue “Upload Emoji” button located under “Custom Emoji.”
- Select Image: Choose an image file (in PNG, JPEG, or GIF format) from your computer that represents your desired emote.
- Name Your Emote: Enter a unique name for your emote. This is the text that Discord users will type to use the emote in chats.
- Save Emote: Click on the “Save” button to add your custom emote to the server.
Add Emotes from Other Servers
If you want to add popular emotes from other servers that you are a member of, here’s how:
- Browse Public Servers: Visit Discord communities, websites, or social media platforms where users share public servers and their respective emotes.
- Join Server: Find a server with appealing emotes and click on its invite link to join.
- Copy Emote: Once you’re a member of the desired server, right-click on an emote you want to add and choose “Copy Emoji. “
- Paste Emote: Go back to your server settings in Discord and access the “Emoji” tab.
Right-click on an empty slot under “Custom Emoji” and select “Paste Emoji. “
You can repeat the process for each new emote you want to add. Remember that adding emojis from other servers is subject to their respective server rules and permissions.
You have successfully learned how to add emotes to your Discord server. Now you can express yourself and engage with others using custom or popular emojis. Get creative, have fun, and make your server stand out!
Note: Keep in mind that adding too many custom emojis may affect the overall performance of your Discord server. Use them wisely!