Are you a Discord server owner or moderator looking to spice up your server with some fun and expressive emotes? Look no further!
With the help of BetterTTV (BTTV), you can easily add custom emotes to your Discord server. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process step by step.
What is BetterTTV?
BetterTTV is a popular browser extension that enhances Twitch with new features, emotes, and more. One of its standout features is the ability to use BTTV emotes in Discord servers. These emotes can be shared and used by anyone who has the BTTV extension installed.
Step 1: Install BetterTTV
The first step is to install the BetterTTV extension on your web browser. BetterTTV supports various browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. Simply visit the official BetterTTV website and follow the instructions provided to install it.
Step 2: Enable BTTV Emotes in Discord
Once you have installed BetterTTV, head over to your Discord server and navigate to the “Settings” menu by clicking on the gear icon located at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select “BetterDiscord” from the left sidebar menu.
- In the “BetterDiscord Settings,” click on “Emotes.”
- Toggle on the option that says “BTTV Emotes.”
Note: Make sure you have administrative privileges in order to access these settings.
Step 3: Adding BTTV Emotes
Now that BTTV emotes are enabled on your Discord server, it’s time to add some emotes to your server. Follow these steps:
- Open Discord in your web browser or launch the Discord desktop application.
- Find a message containing a BTTV emote that you want to add to your server. Hover over the emote and click on the “..” button that appears.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Copy Link.
- Head back to your Discord server and navigate to the channel where you want to add the emote.
- Type a message and paste the copied link in it. The BTTV emote should appear as an image preview.
- Press Enter or click on send to post the message with the BTTV emote.
Step 4: Enjoying BTTV Emotes
Congratulations! You have successfully added BTTV emotes to your Discord server. Now anyone with the BetterTTV extension installed will be able to see and use these emotes in your server.
Note: Keep in mind that users who do not have BetterTTV installed will not be able to see or use these custom emotes.
If you encounter any issues while adding or using BTTV emotes, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that BetterTTV is properly installed and enabled in your browser extensions or addons menu.
- Make sure you have administrative privileges on your Discord server to enable BetterDiscord settings.
- If an added BTTV emote is not displaying correctly, try removing it and adding it again.
With the power of BetterTTV, you can now enhance your Discord server with a wide range of expressive emotes. Enjoy the additional customization and make your server even more engaging for your community!