Adding background music to a Discord server can be a great way to enhance the overall user experience and create a more engaging environment. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps to add background music to your Discord server.
Step 1: Create a Bot
To add background music, you will need to create a bot for your Discord server. Follow these steps to create a bot:
- Go to the Discord Developer Portal: Open your browser and navigate to the Discord Developer Portal.
- Create an Application: Click on the “New Application” button and give your application a name.
- Create a Bot: From the left sidebar menu, click on “Bot” and then on “Add Bot”. Confirm when prompted.
- Copy Token: Scroll down to the “Token” section and click on “Copy” to copy your bot’s token. Keep this token safe as it will be required later.
Step 2: Invite Bot to Your Server
Now that you have created your bot, you need to invite it to your Discord server. Here’s how:
- Generate an Invite Link: From the left sidebar menu, click on “OAuth2” and scroll down to the “Scopes” section. Check the box next to “bot”.
Then, scroll further down and check the box next to “Send Messages”. Copy the generated invite link.
- Paste Invite Link: Open a new tab in your browser and paste the invite link. Choose your server from the dropdown menu and click on “Authorize”.
Step 3: Install a Music Bot
To play background music on your Discord server, you will need to install a music bot. Here are a few popular options:
- 1. Rythm: Rythm is a highly popular music bot for Discord that offers a wide range of features including playlist support, lyrics display, and more. To install Rythm, visit the Rythm website and click on the “Add to Discord” button.
- 2. Groovy: Groovy is another widely used music bot that supports various music sources such as YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud, and more.
To add Groovy to your server, go to the Groovy website, click on “Add to Discord”, and follow the instructions.
- 3. FredBoat: FredBoat is a versatile Discord music bot that supports various streaming platforms like YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and more. To invite FredBoat to your server, visit the FredBoat website, click on “Invite” in the top navigation bar, and choose your server.
Step 4: Configure the Bot
After installing your chosen music bot, you will need to configure it to play background music in your Discord server.
- Connect Bot to Voice Channel: Follow the instructions provided by the chosen bot’s documentation or website to connect it to a voice channel in your Discord server.
- Play Music: Once the bot is connected, you can use various commands provided by the bot to play music in the voice channel. For example, with Rythm, you can use the command “!play” followed by a song name or URL to start playing music.
- Volume Control: Most music bots allow you to control the volume of the background music. Use the provided commands to adjust the volume as per your preference.
- Song Queues: You can add songs to a queue and manage them using specific commands.
Check the documentation of your chosen music bot for more details.
- Bot Prefix: By default, most bots use a specific prefix for their commands (e.g., “!play” for Rythm). Make sure to include this prefix before each command.
That’s it! You have successfully added background music to your Discord server. Enjoy listening to your favorite tunes while chatting with friends and community members!