Welcome to this tutorial on how to add animated emotes to your Discord server! Emotes, also known as emojis, are a fun way to express yourself and add some visual flair to your server. In this article, we will explore the step-by-step process of adding animated emotes using HTML styling elements.
Step 1: Creating Animated Emotes
The first step is to create your own animated emotes. There are various websites and software available that allow you to create custom emotes. You can also find pre-made animated emotes on platforms like GIPHY or Tenor.
Note: Make sure the emote file format is compatible with Discord’s requirements. GIFs often work best for animated emotes.
Step 2: Hosting Emote Files
Next, you need to host your emote files somewhere so that they can be accessed by Discord. There are several options for hosting files, such as GitHub Pages or Imgur.
- GitHub Pages: If you choose GitHub Pages, create a new repository and upload the emote files there. Make sure the repository is public so that Discord can access the files.
- Imgur: If you prefer Imgur, upload your emote files as images on their platform. Once uploaded, make sure to retrieve the direct image URLs for each emote.
Step 3: Adding Emotes to Discord Server
Now it’s time to add your animated emotes to your Discord server!
- Login: Log in to your Discord account and select the desired server where you want to add the animated emotes.
- Server Settings: Click on the server name to open the drop-down menu and select “Server Settings.”
- Emoji: In the left sidebar, click on “Emoji” under the “User Management” section.
- Add Emoji: Click on the “Upload Emoji” button to start adding your emotes.
- Name and Image URL: Enter a unique name for each emote in the “Name” field. Then, paste the direct image URL of each emote in the “Image URL” field.
- Save Changes: Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to add your animated emotes to the Discord server.
Step 4: Using Animated Emotes
Congratulations! You have successfully added animated emotes to your Discord server. Now it’s time to have some fun using them!
To use an animated emote in Discord, simply type “:” followed by the name of the emote you want to use. A list of available matching emotes will appear, and you can select one by clicking on it or using arrow keys and pressing Enter.
Note: Animated emotes can only be used in servers that allow external animated emojis. Some servers may restrict their usage.
In this tutorial, we learned how to add animated emotes to your Discord server using HTML styling elements. We covered creating custom emotes, hosting them on platforms like GitHub Pages or Imgur, and adding them to your Discord server through Server Settings. Now you can express yourself with style and bring some animation into your Discord chats!
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Happy chatting and emoting on your Discord server!