In this tutorial, we will learn how to add an FM (Music Frequency Modulation) to a Discord server. Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to create and join servers where they can chat, voice call, and share media with others. By adding an FM to your server, you can enhance the overall experience for your members by providing them with a wide variety of music.
Step 1: Creating a Music Bot
To add an FM to your Discord server, you first need to create a music bot. A music bot is essentially a program that connects to your server and plays music on command.
1.1 Registering a Bot Account
Before creating the bot, you need to register a bot account on the Discord Developer Portal. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Discord Developer Portal.
- Step 2: Click on “New Application” and give it a name.
- Step 3: Go to the “Bot” tab and click on “Add Bot”.
- Step 4: Customize your bot’s appearance and permissions as desired.
- Step 5: Copy the token for later use.
1.2 Inviting the Bot to Your Server
To add the bot to your server, you need the “Manage Server” permission in that server. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go back to the Discord Developer Portal.
- Step 2: Select your application and go to the “OAuth2” tab.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the “Scopes” section and select the “bot” checkbox.
- Step 4: Scroll further down to the “Bot Permissions” section and select the permissions your bot requires, such as “Connect” and “Speak”.
- Step 5: Copy the generated invite link and open it in a new browser tab.
- Step 6: Choose a server to add the bot to and click “Authorize”.
Step 2: Setting Up a Music Bot Application
Now that you have invited the bot to your server, it’s time to set up a music bot application that will handle playback of music.
2.1 Installing Required Packages
To install the necessary packages for your music bot application, you will need Node.js installed on your computer. Open your command line interface and run the following command:
$ npm install discord.js ffmpeg-static @discordjs/opus ytdl-core
2.2 Coding Your Bot Application
Create a new file on your computer called
bot.js. Open it with a text editor and add the following code:
2.3 Running Your Bot Application
To start your music bot application, open your command line interface, navigate to the folder where you saved
bot.js, and run the following command:
$ node bot.js
Step 3: Adding the FM to Your Discord Server
Now that your music bot application is running, it's time to add the FM to your Discord server.
3.1 Configuring the Bot
bot.js file, replace
TOKEN_HERE with the token you copied earlier from the Discord Developer Portal:
3.2 Joining a Voice Channel
To join a voice channel in your server, use the following command in your
3.3 Playing Music
To play music in your voice channel, use the following command in your
You have successfully added an FM to your Discord server! Your members can now enjoy music by using commands that you have configured in your music bot application.
In this tutorial, we covered everything from creating a music bot to adding it to your server and playing music. Feel free to explore further customization options for your bot and experiment with additional features!
Note: Make sure to keep your bot token private and do not share it with anyone else, as it grants access to control your bot.