Discord is a fantastic platform for gamers and communities to connect, chat, and share their experiences. One of the key features that make Discord stand out is its ability to add activities to your server.
These activities can range from playing games together to listening to music or watching videos. In this tutorial, we will explore how you can add activities to your Discord server and enhance the overall experience for your community.
Step 1: Creating a Voice Channel
To add activities to your Discord server, you first need to create a voice channel where these activities will take place. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Discord: Launch the Discord application on your desktop or log in via the web browser.
- Select Server: Choose the server where you want to add activities by clicking on its name in the left sidebar.
- Create Voice Channel: Click on the ‘+’ button next to the “Voice Channels” category on the left sidebar.
- Name Your Channel: Give your voice channel a descriptive name that reflects the activity it will host. For example, “Gaming Lounge” or “Movie Night”.
- Select Permissions: Choose who can access and participate in this channel by adjusting the permissions settings.
- Create Channel: Click on the “Create Channel” button to finalize and create your new voice channel.
Step 2: Adding Activities
Now that you have created a voice channel for your desired activity, it’s time to add specific activities. Follow these steps:
- Select Voice Channel: Locate and click on the newly created voice channel in the left sidebar of your Discord server.
- Click on the ‘+’ Button: At the bottom left corner of the voice channel window, you will see a ‘+’ button.
Click on it to reveal a dropdown menu.
- Select Activity: From the dropdown menu, choose your desired activity. Discord offers a variety of activities such as “YouTube Together” for watching videos, “Poker Night” for playing poker, and “Chess in the Park” for playing chess.
- Start Activity: After selecting the activity, click on the “Start” button to initiate it. Depending on the activity, you may have to follow additional prompts or invite others to join.
Step 3: Enjoying Activities with Your Community
Once you have added an activity and started it, you can now enjoy it with your community members. Encourage your community to join the voice channel where the activity is taking place by sharing its name or sending invitations. Everyone connected to that voice channel will be able to actively participate in and enjoy the chosen activity together.
Some activities may require additional permissions or integrations to function properly. Make sure to read any instructions or prompts provided by Discord when adding and starting activities.
With these simple steps, you can easily add activities to your Discord server and create engaging experiences for your community members. Whether it’s gaming sessions, movie nights, or collaborative events like chess tournaments, Discord provides a versatile platform for interactive fun. So go ahead and start exploring all the exciting activities you can add to enhance your Discord server!