Are you a Discord server owner looking to add some extra functionality to your server? One popular way to enhance your server is by adding a server widget.
A server widget is a small window that displays information about your server, such as the number of online members, total members, and even an invite link. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of adding a server widget to your Discord server.
Step 1: Enable Server Widget
To begin, you need to enable the server widget for your Discord server. Only administrators have the permission to enable or disable this feature. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open Discord and navigate to your desired server.
- Step 2: Click on the down arrow next to your server name in the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select “Server Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Step 4: In the left sidebar, click on “Widget”.
- Step 5: Toggle the “Enable Widget” option to turn it on.
If you followed these steps correctly, you have successfully enabled the server widget for your Discord server.
Step 2: Customize Widget Settings
The next step is customizing the settings of your server widget to suit your preferences. You have various options available for customization:
- Show Members Online: This option will display how many members are currently online in your Discord server.
- Show Server Icon: Enabling this option will display your server’s icon within the widget.
- Enable Invite Link: By turning on this option, a clickable invite link to your server will be included in the widget.
Choose the settings that you prefer and make sure to save your changes before proceeding to the next step.
Step 3: Generate Server Widget HTML Code
Once you have enabled and customized your server widget settings, it’s time to generate the HTML code for your server widget. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: In the “Widget” section of your server settings, click on “Copy” next to the “Server Widget” field.
- Step 2: The HTML code for your server widget is now copied to your clipboard.
Step 4: Add Server Widget HTML Code to Your Website
The final step is adding the generated HTML code to your website or wherever you want to display the server widget. You can insert this code into an HTML file or use it in a content management system like WordPress. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the HTML file where you want to place the server widget.
- Step 2: Paste the copied HTML code into the desired location within your HTML file.
Congratulations! You have successfully added a server widget to your Discord server. Now, visitors to your website or platform will be able to see information about your Discord server directly from there.
If you encounter any issues while adding a server widget, here are a few tips to help you troubleshoot:
- Ensure Widget is Enabled: Double-check that you have properly enabled the server widget from your server settings.
- Check HTML Code: Make sure that you have copied and pasted the correct HTML code without any modifications.
- Clear Cache: If the server widget doesn’t appear as expected, try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.
By following this tutorial, you can enhance your Discord server by adding a visually engaging server widget. Enjoy!