Adding a mute command to your Discord server can be really useful, especially if you want to moderate conversations and maintain a pleasant environment for your members. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the steps of setting up a mute command using a bot called Dyno.
Step 1: Inviting Dyno to Your Server
Before we can start adding the mute command, we need to invite the Dyno bot to our Discord server. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Dyno website.
- Click on “Login” in the top-right corner and sign in with your Discord account.
- Once logged in, click on “Add to Server” in the left sidebar.
- Select your server from the drop-down menu and click “Authorize”.
Step 2: Setting Up Permissions
After inviting Dyno to your server, you need to make sure it has the necessary permissions to perform actions like muting users. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Discord client and navigate to your server.
- Click on the down arrow next to your server name and select “Server Settings”.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Roles”.
- Find the role that Dyno has been assigned (it should be named “Dyno” by default) and click on it.
- Scroll down until you find the “Permissions” section.
- Make sure that under “Text Permissions”, both “Read Messages” and “Send Messages” are enabled.
- Scroll further down to the “Voice Permissions” section and enable “Mute Members”.
- Click on “Save Changes” to apply the permissions.
Step 3: Adding the Mute Command
Now that we have Dyno in our server and the necessary permissions set up, it’s time to add the mute command. Follow these steps:
- Open your Discord client and navigate to a text channel where you want to use the mute command.
- Type “!mute @user“, replacing “@user” with the username or mention of the user you want to mute.
- Dyno will automatically mute the user in both text and voice channels.
Congratulations! You have successfully added a mute command to your Discord server using Dyno. Now you can easily moderate conversations and control disruptive behavior.
– Keep in mind that only users with sufficient permissions can use the mute command. Make sure that moderators or admins have appropriate roles assigned.
– If you want to unmute a user, simply type “!unmute @user” in a text channel. – Dyno offers many other moderation commands and features. Feel free to explore their website for more information.
That’s it for this tutorial! We hope you found it helpful. Happy moderating!