Welcome to this step-by-step tutorial on how to add a Groovy bot to your Discord server. Discord is a popular platform for communication and community building, and adding a music bot like Groovy can enhance the experience for your server members. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of adding Groovy to your server.
Step 1: Creating a Discord Bot
The first step is to create a Discord bot that will serve as Groovy in your server. Follow these steps:
- Create a new application: Go to the Discord Developer Portal and create a new application. Give it a name, upload an avatar if you’d like, and click on “Create”.
- Create a bot: Navigate to the “Bot” tab on the left-hand side menu and click on “Add Bot”.
Confirm when prompted.
- Copy the bot token: Under the “Token” section, click on “Copy” to copy the token. This token will be used later to authenticate your bot.
Step 2: Inviting Groovy Bot to Your Server
Now that you have created your Discord bot, it’s time to invite it to your server. Follow these steps:
- Create an invite link: Visit the Groovy website, click on “Add to Discord”, and select your server from the drop-down menu. Customize the permissions if desired and click on “Generate URL”.
- Authorize the bot: Click on the generated URL and authorize the bot to join your server. You need to have administrative privileges on your server to add a bot.
Step 3: Configuring Groovy Bot
After inviting Groovy to your server, you might want to configure some settings for a better music experience. Use the following commands in any text channel:
- -prefix: Change the bot’s prefix for commands (e.g., !play).
- -autoplay: Toggle autoplay mode, where Groovy automatically plays related songs after finishing a queue.
- -volume: Adjust the volume of the music playback.
And that’s it!
Congratulations! You have successfully added Groovy Bot to your Discord server.
Now you and your server members can enjoy high-quality music playback directly within Discord. Make sure to explore all the features and commands available with Groovy Bot to enhance your music experience even further.
If you ever want to remove Groovy from your server, simply right-click on its name in the member list and select “Kick”.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in adding a Groovy Bot to your Discord server. Happy listening!