How Do I Add a Discord Template to an Existing Server?
If you’re looking to spice up your existing Discord server, adding a template can be a great way to quickly and easily change its look and feel. Discord templates allow you to import pre-built server setups, complete with channels, roles, and permissions. In this tutorial, we’ll guide you through the process of adding a Discord template to an existing server.
Step 1: Finding a Template
Before we can add a template to our server, we need to find one that suits our needs. There are several websites and communities where users share their templates for others to use. Some popular options include:
- Discord Templates: A website dedicated to hosting and sharing Discord templates.
- Discord Server List: A platform that allows server owners to showcase their servers and share templates.
- Discord Communities: Many Discord communities have dedicated channels or threads where users share their templates.
Browse through these resources until you find a template that catches your eye. Make sure to read the description or comments to get an idea of what the template includes before proceeding.
Step 2: Creating a New Server (Optional)
If you want to add the template to an existing server, skip this step. However, if you prefer not to overwrite any existing channels or roles, it’s best to create a new server specifically for testing out the template:
- Open Discord and click on the plus symbol (+) located on the left-hand side of the app.
- Select “Create My Own” from the options presented.
- Choose a server name and icon, then click “Create” to finalize the new server setup.
Step 3: Adding the Template
Now that we have our template ready and a server (either new or existing) to apply it to, let’s proceed with adding the template:
- Copy the template code from the source. This is usually done by clicking on a “Copy” button provided by the hosting platform or community.
- In Discord, navigate to your server and locate the server settings menu. This can be done by clicking on the down-arrow beside your server’s name in the top left corner of the app.
- From the settings menu, select “Server Templates”.
- In the Server Templates window, click on the “Create Template” button located in the top right corner of the window.
- Give your template a name that reflects its purpose or theme.
- Paste in the copied template code into the “Template Code” field.
- Click on “Save” to add your template to Discord’s library of templates.
Step 4: Applying the Template
Now that we have our template added to Discord, let’s apply it to our server:
- Navigate back to your server’s settings menu as described in Step 3.
- Select “Server Templates”.
- In this window, you will see a list of available templates. Locate your newly added template and click on “Use Template”.
- Discord will now apply the template to your server, creating channels, roles, and permissions as specified in the template.
Step 5: Customizing the Template (Optional)
Once the template is applied to your server, you can further customize it to suit your needs:
- Edit Channels: Rename or delete channels that are not relevant to your server’s purpose.
- Manage Roles: Adjust roles and permissions to fit your desired hierarchy.
- Add Emojis: Personalize your server by uploading custom emojis.
- Tweak Settings: Explore Discord’s server settings to fine-tune various aspects of your community.
Remember that while templates provide a great starting point, they can be modified extensively to meet the unique needs of your community. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make changes as you see fit!
In this tutorial, we’ve learned how to add a Discord template to an existing server. We discussed finding templates from various sources, creating a new server (if desired), adding the template code, applying the template, and customizing it based on our preferences. With these steps in mind, you’re now equipped to give your Discord server a fresh new look!