Are you looking to add a Discord server to your website? Discord is a popular communication platform for gamers and communities, and integrating it into your website can enhance user engagement. In this tutorial, we will explore how you can easily add a Discord server to your website.
Step 1: Create a Discord Server
Before adding a Discord server to your website, you need to have a server set up on the Discord platform. If you already have one, feel free to skip this step. If not, follow these simple steps:
- Create an Account: Go to the Discord website and sign up for an account if you don’t have one already.
- Create a Server: Once logged in, click on the “+” button on the left sidebar and select “Create a Server.” Give your server a name and choose a region.
Click “Create” when you’re done.
- Customize Your Server: You can customize your server by adding channels, roles, and permissions according to your preferences. Take some time to familiarize yourself with these settings.
Step 2: Generate an Instant Invite Link
To embed or share your Discord server on your website, you will need an instant invite link. This link allows users to join your server directly from the website. Follow these steps to generate an instant invite link:
- Select Your Server: From the left sidebar in Discord, right-click on your server’s name and select “Invite People. “
- Create an Instant Invite: In the pop-up window that appears, click on the “Edit Invite Link” button.
Customize the link settings if needed, such as setting an expiration time or limiting the number of uses.
- Copy the Link: Click on the “Copy” button to copy the instant invite link to your clipboard. You can now use this link to add your Discord server to your website.
Step 3: Embed the Discord Server Widget
Now that you have the instant invite link, you can embed your Discord server widget into your website. The widget allows users to see who is online and interact with your server without leaving your website. Follow these steps:
- Open Server Settings: Go back to your Discord server and click on the down arrow next to your server name. Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select Widget: In the left sidebar of the Server Settings, click on “Widget.
- Customize Widget: Here you can customize various options for how the widget will appear on your website. Adjust settings like width, height, theme, and more according to your preferences.
- Copy Widget Code: Once you are satisfied with your widget’s appearance, copy the automatically generated HTML code provided in the “Widget Code” section.
Step 4: Add Widget Code to Your Website
The final step is to add the copied widget code into your website’s HTML source code. Follow these steps based on where you want to place the Discord server widget:
- Add Code Manually: If you are comfortable editing HTML code manually, locate where you want to place the widget within your website’s code and paste the copied widget code there.
- Use a Content Management System: If you are using a content management system like WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal, look for options to add custom HTML or embed code. Paste the widget code in the appropriate location provided by your CMS.
Congratulations! You have successfully added a Discord server to your website.
By following these steps and utilizing the Discord server widget, you can create an interactive community experience directly on your site. Users can join your server, chat with other members, and stay engaged without leaving your website.
Remember to regularly manage and moderate your Discord server to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all users. Enjoy building an active community on both Discord and your website!