Do I Have Manage Server Permission on Discord?
Discord is a popular communication platform for gamers, communities, and organizations. It allows users to create and manage servers where they can chat, voice chat, and share media with others. When it comes to managing a server on Discord, certain permissions are needed to perform various tasks.
What is Manage Server Permission?
The “Manage Server” permission is one of the many permissions available on Discord. It grants users the ability to perform administrative tasks within a server. Users with this permission can:
- Create channels
- Delete channels
- Edit the server’s name and region
- Change the server’s icon and banner
- Manage roles and permissions
- Kick and ban members
- Change the server’s verification level
How to Check if You Have Manage Server Permission?
To check if you have the “Manage Server” permission on a Discord server, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and navigate to the desired server.
- Click on the server name at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Select “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Roles”.
- You will see a list of roles assigned to members of the server.
- Note: Roles are used to assign permissions to different members within a Discord server.
- If you have the “Manage Server” permission, it will be indicated next to your role.
What to Do if You Don’t Have Manage Server Permission?
If you don’t have the “Manage Server” permission but need access to perform administrative tasks, you can request the server owner or an administrator to grant you the permission. Alternatively, they can assign you a role with the necessary permissions.
The “Manage Server” permission on Discord is essential for performing administrative tasks within a server. It grants users the ability to create channels, manage roles, kick and ban members, and more.
If you don’t have this permission but require it, reach out to the server owner or an administrator for assistance. Now that you know how to check for this permission, you can easily determine your level of access on any Discord server.