Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to connect with friends, join communities, and engage in voice and text chats. It has become a go-to choice for gamers, but its capabilities extend beyond gaming.
One question that often arises is whether you can video call on a Discord server. Let’s dive into this topic and find out!
Video Calling on Discord
Yes, you can video call on a Discord server!
Discord offers a feature called “Go Live” that allows you to stream your screen or camera to other members of the server. This feature is great for hosting virtual events, sharing gameplay, or simply having face-to-face conversations.
To start a video call on Discord, follow these steps:
- Join a voice channel: To initiate a video call, you need to be in a voice channel within the server. If you’re not already in one, join by clicking on a voice channel listed in the left sidebar.
- Click on the “Video” button: Once you’re in the voice channel, locate the toolbar at the bottom of your screen. Look for the icons representing various features like mute and user settings. Click on the “Video” button to start sharing your camera feed.
- Adjust settings: After clicking the “Video” button, you’ll see options to adjust your video settings.
You can choose which camera to use if you have multiple connected to your device and toggle options like fullscreen mode or screen sharing. Take some time to configure these settings as per your preference.
- Start streaming: Once everything is set up, click on the “Go Live” button to start streaming your video feed to other members in the voice channel. They will be able to see your video as long as they are also connected to the voice channel.
It’s important to note that not all Discord servers may have the “Go Live” feature enabled. The server owner or administrators have control over whether this feature is available to members. If you don’t see the “Video” button or “Go Live” option, it’s possible that the server has disabled this functionality.
Additional Tips for Video Calling on Discord
Here are some additional tips and considerations for a smoother video calling experience on Discord:
- Check your internet connection: Video calls require a stable internet connection. Make sure you have a reliable network connection to avoid any disruptions during your call.
- Test your audio and video: Before starting a video call, it’s always a good idea to test your audio and video settings.
Ensure that your microphone and camera are functioning correctly, and adjust their settings if needed.
- Mute yourself when not speaking: To prevent background noise and distractions, consider muting yourself when you’re not actively participating in the conversation.
- Respect server rules: Each Discord server may have specific guidelines regarding video calls. Familiarize yourself with these rules and follow them accordingly.
In conclusion, Discord allows you to video call on a server using the “Go Live” feature. It’s an excellent way to connect with others in real-time, whether it’s for gaming purposes or general communication.
Remember to join a voice channel, click on the “Video” button, adjust your settings if necessary, and start streaming. Enjoy your video calls on Discord!