Can You Play Ark PS4 on a Private Server?
If you are an avid Ark: Survival Evolved player on the PlayStation 4, you may be wondering if it is possible to play the game on a private server. The answer is yes! In this article, we will explore how you can set up and join a private server to enhance your gaming experience.
Why Play on a Private Server?
Before we dive into the details, let’s briefly discuss why playing on a private server can be beneficial:
- Control: When playing on a private server, you have more control over the gameplay settings. You can customize various aspects such as player limits, difficulty levels, and even modify specific game mechanics.
- Community: Private servers often attract like-minded players who are looking for a more personalized and community-focused gaming experience.
It’s an excellent opportunity to connect with fellow Ark enthusiasts and form lasting friendships.
- Performance: As private servers are dedicated to a smaller group of players, they usually offer better performance compared to official servers. This means you can enjoy smoother gameplay with reduced lags and connection issues.
Setting Up a Private Server
To play Ark: Survival Evolved on a private server, follow these steps:
Step 1: Choosing the Hosting Method
If you want to host your own server, you have two options:
- Dedicated Server: This requires setting up your own hardware or renting a dedicated server from a hosting provider. It offers more control but may involve additional costs.
- Non-Dedicated Server: This option allows you to host a server from within the game itself. However, it comes with limitations such as restricted distance from the host player and a lower player cap.
Step 2: Configuring Server Settings
Once you have chosen your hosting method, you need to configure the server settings. This includes determining the map, adjusting difficulty levels, enabling mods if desired, and setting up admin privileges.
Step 3: Port Forwarding
If you are hosting a dedicated server, you will need to forward the necessary ports on your router to allow other players to connect. Consult your router’s manual or contact your internet service provider for guidance on port forwarding.
Joining a Private Server
If you are interested in joining an existing private server rather than hosting one yourself, follow these steps:
Step 1: Find a Private Server
You can find private servers through various online forums, communities, or dedicated Ark server listing websites. Look for servers that align with your preferred gameplay style and rules.
Step 2: Obtain Server Details
Contact the server administrator or check their website/forum post for information on how to join their server. You will typically need an IP address or domain name and possibly a password.
Step 3: Joining the Server
In Ark: Survival Evolved, navigate to the “Join Ark” menu and enter the provided server details. If necessary, enter any required passwords. Once connected, you will be able to enjoy playing on the private server alongside other players.
In summary, playing Ark: Survival Evolved on a private server is indeed possible and offers several advantages over official servers. Whether you choose to host your own or join an existing server, the process is relatively straightforward and can greatly enhance your gaming experience.
So go ahead, gather your friends, and embark on thrilling adventures in the untamed world of Ark on your very own private server!