In Discord, you might wonder if you can only invite friends to a server or if there are other options available. Let’s explore this topic in detail.
Inviting Friends to a Discord Server
Discord provides a straightforward way to invite your friends to a server. By default, when you create a server, you become the server owner and can generate an invitation link for others to join. This link can be shared with your friends through various means like messaging apps, social media, or email.
To invite friends using the invitation link:
- Open your Discord server.
- Click on the server name at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “Invite People” from the dropdown menu.
- A pop-up window will appear with an invitation link. Click “Copy” to copy the link to your clipboard.
- Paste the link wherever you want to share it with your friends.
Inviting Non-Friends to a Discord Server
Contrary to popular belief, inviting non-friends to a Discord server is indeed possible. While inviting friends is straightforward, inviting non-friends requires additional steps.
To invite non-friends:
- Create a temporary invitation link for non-friends by following the steps mentioned above.
- Make sure that your server’s privacy settings allow anyone with an invitation link to join. You can adjust this setting in the “Server Settings” menu under “Privacy Settings.”
- Share the temporary invitation link with anyone you want to invite, even if they are not your friends on Discord.
Note that allowing anyone with an invitation link to join might increase the chances of encountering unwanted users. To maintain a safe and friendly environment, it’s recommended to moderate your server and set specific rules.
Benefits of Inviting Non-Friends
Inviting non-friends to your Discord server can be beneficial for various reasons:
- Community Growth: By inviting non-friends, you expand your server’s potential user base and create a larger community.
- New Perspectives: Non-friends bring fresh perspectives, ideas, and experiences that can enrich discussions within your server.
- Diverse Interests: Inviting non-friends exposes you to people with diverse interests, leading to a broader range of topics and conversations.
In conclusion, Discord allows you to not only invite friends but also non-friends to your server. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily invite anyone you wish, expanding your community and fostering engaging conversations. Remember to balance openness with moderation to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all users!