Insurgency Sandstorm is a popular multiplayer first-person shooter game that offers intense combat scenarios and realistic gameplay. While the game provides dedicated servers for players to join, some individuals may be interested in setting up their private server to customize their gameplay experience. In this tutorial, we will explore whether it is possible to create a private server for Insurgency Sandstorm and how to do it.
Can You Make Private Server Insurgency Sandstorm?
If you are wondering whether it is possible to create a private server for Insurgency Sandstorm, the answer is yes! The developers have provided players with the necessary tools to set up their own dedicated servers. This allows you to have complete control over your gaming environment, including custom maps, mods, and server settings.
Setting Up Your Private Server
To set up your private server for Insurgency Sandstorm, follow these steps:
- Download the Dedicated Server Files:
- Visit the official Insurgency Sandstorm website or Steam store page.
- Look for the “Dedicated Server” option and download the necessary files.
- Create a new folder on your computer where you want to install the server files.
- Extract the downloaded files into this folder.
- Navigate to the installation folder and open “InsurgencyServer\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\SteamCMD\Win64”.
- Run “steamcmd.exe” to install SteamCMD if it’s not already installed. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the “InsurgencyServer” folder and locate the “ServerConfig” folder.
- Edit the “ServerSettings.ini” file using a text editor of your choice.
- Customize various server settings such as server name, password, game mode, and map rotation according to your preferences.
- Navigate to the installation folder and open “InsurgencyServer\Binaries\Win64”.
- Run “InsurgencyServer-Win64-Shipping.exe”.
- Your private server should now be running, and players can connect using your server’s IP address and port number.
Additional Tips for Private Server Configuration
If you want to further customize your private server experience in Insurgency Sandstorm, consider these additional tips:
Add Custom Maps:
To add custom maps to your private server, follow these steps:
- Create a new folder called “Maps” within the “InsurgencyServer” folder.
- Download custom maps from trusted sources (such as modding communities).
- Place the downloaded map files (usually in .bsp format) into the “Maps” folder.
- Edit the “MapCycle.txt” file in the “ServerConfig” folder to include the names of your custom maps. Separate each map name with a new line.
If you want to add mods to your private server, follow these steps:
- Create a new folder called “Mods” within the “InsurgencyServer” folder.
- Download mods from trusted sources (such as modding communities).
- Place the downloaded mod files into the “Mods” folder.
- Edit the “ServerGame.ini” file in the “ServerConfig” folder to include the names of your mods. Add them under the “[OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.KnownMod]” section.
In conclusion, creating a private server for Insurgency Sandstorm is indeed possible and provides you with the flexibility to customize your gameplay experience. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can set up your own dedicated server, configure various settings, and even add custom maps and mods.
So why wait? Start enjoying Insurgency Sandstorm on your very own private server!