Can You Make a Private Server on Minecraft Windows 10?
Minecraft is a popular sandbox game that allows players to create and explore virtual worlds. One of the most exciting aspects of Minecraft is multiplayer gameplay, where you can join your friends or even strangers in shared adventures.
While there are many public servers available, sometimes you may want to play on a private server exclusively with your friends. In this tutorial, we will explore whether it’s possible to create a private server on Minecraft Windows 10 edition.
What is Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is the version of Minecraft specifically designed for Windows 10 operating system. It offers improved performance and cross-platform compatibility with other devices running Minecraft Bedrock Edition. If you have the Windows 10 version, you can play with players on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and more.
Setting Up a Private Server
If you want to set up a private server on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, you have two options: using a LAN connection or using a dedicated server.
Using a LAN Connection
If all the players who want to join your private server are connected to the same local network (LAN), setting up a private server becomes quite simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open Minecraft and click on “Play”.
- Select “Create New” or “Edit” an existing world.
- In the settings for creating or editing the world, scroll down and find “Multiplayer Game”.
- Toggle the “Visible to LAN Players” option to ON.
- Click on “Start” to launch your world.
- Tell your friends who are connected to the same network to open Minecraft and click on “Play”.
- They should see your server appear under the “Friends” tab in the multiplayer section.
- Click on your server’s name to join your private world.
Using a LAN connection is an easy and convenient way to create a private server, especially for small groups of players who are physically close to each other.
Using a Dedicated Server
If you want to create a private server that can be accessed by players outside of your local network, you’ll need to set up a dedicated server. Here’s how:
- Download the official Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated Server software from the official Minecraft website.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
- After installation, open the Minecraft Bedrock Dedicated Server software.
- The software will generate some files and folders. Open the “server.properties” file using a text editor like Notepad.
- In the “server.properties” file, you can configure various settings such as server name, maximum number of players, game mode, etc.
Customize them according to your preferences.
- Save the changes and close the text editor.
- To start your dedicated server, run the “bedrock_server.exe” file located in the folder where you installed the dedicated server software.
- Your dedicated server is now running and ready for players to join. Share your public IP address or domain name with your friends so they can connect to your private server from anywhere in the world.
Note that setting up a dedicated server requires more technical knowledge and may require port forwarding on your router. If you’re not familiar with these concepts, it’s recommended to seek assistance or use alternative methods like using a third-party hosting service.
Creating a private server on Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is possible using either a LAN connection or a dedicated server. Using a LAN connection is suitable for small groups of players who are connected to the same local network, while a dedicated server allows players from anywhere to join your private world. Choose the option that best suits your needs and enjoy playing Minecraft with your friends in your very own private server!