Can You Make a Private Server on Conan Exiles?
If you’re an avid player of Conan Exiles and want to have complete control over your gameplay experience, then setting up a private server might be just what you need. By creating your own server, you can customize the settings, invite friends to join, and even experiment with mods. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making a private server in Conan Exiles.
Before diving into the server setup, let’s make sure your system meets the requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 or Linux
- Processor: Intel Quad Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-6300
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 35GB available space (SSD recommended)
- Internet Connection: Broadband
Dedicated Server Software
To create a private server for Conan Exiles, you will need to download and install the dedicated server software provided by Funcom. Follow these steps to get started:
- Navigate to the Steam Library: Open Steam and go to the Library tab.
- Select Tools from the drop-down menu: Scroll down until you find “Conan Exiles – Dedicated Server” and double-click it.
- Install the Dedicated Server Software: Follow the on-screen prompts to install the software on your computer.
Create a Server Configuration
Now that you have the dedicated server software installed, it’s time to create a server configuration:
- Navigate to the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Folder: Open File Explorer and locate the folder where you installed the dedicated server software. By default, it should be in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server.
- Edit the ServerSettings.ini File: Open the
ServerSettings.inifile using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Customize Your Server Settings: In the
[ServerSettings]section, you can modify various settings such as server name, password protection, PvP mode, and more. Make sure to save your changes after editing.
In order for your friends to join your private server, you need to set up port forwarding on your router. Here’s how:
- Access Your Router Settings: Open a web browser and enter your router’s IP address in the address bar. You can find this information in your router’s manual or by contacting your internet service provider.
- Locate the Port Forwarding Section: Look for a tab or menu option related to port forwarding.
- Add a New Port Forwarding Rule: Create a new rule with the following details:
- Service Name: Conan Exiles (or any name of your choice)
- Internal IP Address: Enter the IP address of the computer running the dedicated server.
- Internal Port: 7777
- External Port: 7777
- Protocol: Both (TCP and UDP)
- Save and Apply: Save the changes and apply the new port forwarding rule.
Start Your Private Server
You’re almost there! It’s time to start your private server:
- Navigate to the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Folder: Open File Explorer and locate the folder where you installed the dedicated server software.
- Run the StartServer.bat File: Double-click on the
StartServer.batfile to launch your private server.
- Wait for Initialization: The server will take a few moments to initialize, and you’ll see a command prompt window open.
- Note Down Your Server IP Address: Take note of your public IP address, which you can find by searching “What is my IP” on Google. This is what your friends will use to connect to your server.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a private server on Conan Exiles.
Share your public IP address with your friends, and they’ll be able to join your custom gaming experience. Remember to keep your server software up-to-date and have fun exploring all that Conan Exiles has to offer!