Can You Make a Private Server in No Man’s Sky?
If you’ve been exploring the vast universe of No Man’s Sky, you may have wondered if it’s possible to create your own private server. While the game primarily focuses on its multiplayer aspect, it doesn’t offer a dedicated option for private servers.
However, there are still ways to enjoy a more secluded experience with your friends or fellow explorers. In this article, we’ll explore different methods to create your own private server in No Man’s Sky.
Method 1: Using Steam Remote Play Together
If you and your friends own No Man’s Sky on Steam, you can utilize the Steam Remote Play Together feature to create a private server-like experience. Here’s how:
- Launch No Man’s Sky on your computer.
- Invite your friends to join your game through the Steam Friends List.
- Once they accept the invitation, they will be able to play alongside you in your universe.
This method allows you to maintain control over who joins your game and provides a more intimate multiplayer experience.
Method 2: Using Game Mods
If you’re comfortable with modding games, there are community-made mods available that allow for creating private servers in No Man’s Sky. These mods introduce additional functionality and customization options. One popular mod is called “NoMansConnect,” which allows players to host their own servers and invite others to join.
To use mods:
- Make sure you have a reliable mod manager installed (such as Nexus Mod Manager or Vortex).
- Download and install the desired mod from a trusted source.
- Follow the mod’s instructions to configure and set up your private server.
Using mods can enhance your No Man’s Sky experience and allow you to play with friends in your own private universe.
Method 3: LAN Parties
If you prefer a more traditional approach, organizing a LAN party is another option to create a private server-like atmosphere. Here’s how:
- Gather your friends and ensure everyone has their computers connected to the same local area network (LAN).
- Launch No Man’s Sky on each computer.
- Select “Join Game” from the main menu, and all players will be able to see and join each other’s games within the LAN.
This method allows for direct, low-latency multiplayer without relying on external servers.
While No Man’s Sky doesn’t provide a built-in option for private servers, you can still create a more secluded multiplayer experience using methods like Steam Remote Play Together, game mods, or organizing LAN parties. These options allow you to enjoy the vastness of the universe with your chosen companions. Whether you prefer exploring together or building civilizations alongside friends, these methods will help you create a more personalized adventure in No Man’s Sky.