Are you an avid gamer looking to create your own private ARK server on Xbox? Well, you’re in luck!
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process step by step. So, grab your controller and let’s get started.
Why Create a Private ARK Server?
Before we dive into the technical details, let’s understand the benefits of having your own private ARK server. Firstly, it provides you with complete control over the gameplay environment. You can customize various aspects such as player limits, difficulty levels, and even enable mods.
Secondly, a private server allows you to play with your friends or a specific community of players. You can create a closed group where only invited players can join in on the fun. This enhances collaboration and creates a more personalized gaming experience.
Setting Up Your Private ARK Server on Xbox
To create a private ARK server on Xbox, follow these simple steps:
- Purchase an additional Xbox console: To host your own private server, you’ll need an extra Xbox console dedicated solely to running the server software. This ensures that your gaming experience remains unaffected while hosting the server.
- Download and install the “ARK: Survival Evolved Dedicated Server”: On your dedicated Xbox console, search for “ARK: Survival Evolved Dedicated Server” in the Microsoft Store and download it onto your console. This software will allow you to run your own private server.
- Configure network settings: Connect your dedicated Xbox console to your local network via an Ethernet cable for a stable connection.
Ensure that port forwarding is properly set up on your router to allow external connections to access your server.
- Launch the dedicated server software: Once you have installed the server software and configured your network settings, launch the “ARK: Survival Evolved Dedicated Server” application on your dedicated Xbox console.
- Customize server settings: Within the dedicated server software, you can modify various settings such as player limits, game rules, and difficulty levels. Take your time to adjust these settings according to your preferences.
- Invite players to join: Share the IP address of your private server with your friends or community members so they can connect to it. They will need to search for your server’s name in the ARK Xbox server browser or manually enter the IP address.
Here are a few additional considerations to keep in mind while setting up and managing your private ARK server:
- Hardware requirements: Running a dedicated server requires sufficient hardware resources. Ensure that your dedicated Xbox console meets the recommended specifications for smooth gameplay.
- Maintenance and updates: Regularly check for updates released by the game developers and install them on your dedicated Xbox console.
This ensures that your private server remains up to date with bug fixes and new features.
- Dedicated server administration: As an administrator of the private ARK server, you have access to additional controls and commands. Familiarize yourself with these administrative features to efficiently manage gameplay on your server.
You now have all the information you need to create a private ARK server on Xbox. Remember, having a private server offers greater control, customization options, and an opportunity to build a community of like-minded players. So, gather your tribe and embark on an unforgettable ARK adventure!