Can You Join More Than 100 Discord Servers?
Discord is a popular communication platform used by millions of people around the world. It allows users to create or join servers where they can chat, voice call, and collaborate with others who share similar interests.
One common question that arises among Discord users is whether there is a limit to the number of servers they can join. In this article, we will explore this topic and provide you with all the information you need to know.
Understanding Discord Server Limits
Discord does impose certain limitations on its users to ensure the stability and performance of its platform. One such limitation is the maximum number of servers a user can join.
So, can you join more than 100 Discord servers?
The answer is yes! By default, Discord allows users to be a member of up to 100 servers. However, it’s important to note that this limit can be increased for some users based on their account verification level and server boosting status.
Account Verification Levels
Discord has implemented different verification levels for user accounts in order to prevent abuse and spamming on its platform. These verification levels are:
- No Verification: Unverified accounts have a limit of 100 server joins.
- Email Verification: Verifying your email address increases your server limit to 150.
- SMS Verification: If you verify your phone number with Discord, your server limit increases to 250.
Note: The above limits are subject to change as per Discord’s policies and updates. It’s always advisable to refer to official documentation or contact their support for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Discord also offers a feature called “Server Boosting” that allows users to support their favorite servers by purchasing boosts. Server boosting not only provides benefits to the server being boosted but also provides perks for the user boosting it. One such perk is an increased server limit.
The server boosting perk works as follows:
- Nitro Classic: Boosting a server with Nitro Classic increases your server limit by 50.
- Nitro: Boosting a server with Nitro increases your server limit by 100.
If you have Nitro Classic and boost a server, your new server limit will be 150 (100 base + 50 from Nitro Classic boost). If you have Nitro and boost a server, your new server limit will be 200 (100 base + 100 from Nitro boost).
While Discord allows users to join more than 100 servers, it’s essential to consider the following factors:
- Server Activity: Joining too many servers may result in an overwhelming number of notifications and messages, making it difficult to keep track of conversations.
- Device Performance: Joining multiple active servers can put a strain on your device’s resources, potentially impacting performance.
In conclusion, Discord does allow users to join more than 100 servers. By default, the maximum limit is set at 100, but it can be increased through account verification levels and server boosting perks.
However, it’s important to consider factors like server activity and device performance before joining a large number of servers. So go ahead and explore the vast community on Discord while keeping these limitations in mind!