Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to create servers, join communities, and connect with friends. However, there may be times when you want to hide the server list on Discord for various reasons. In this article, we will explore whether it is possible to hide the server list and how you can do it.
Why would you want to hide the server list
The server list on Discord displays all the servers that you have joined or created. While this is convenient for quickly accessing your favorite servers, there are situations where you might want to keep your server list private. Here are a few reasons why:
- Privacy concerns: Some users prefer to keep their online presence discreet and may not want others to see the servers they are a part of.
- Organizational purposes: If you are a member of numerous servers, hiding the server list can help declutter your Discord interface and improve your focus on specific communities.
- Preventing distractions: By hiding the server list, you can minimize distractions caused by notifications from different servers and concentrate on important tasks.
Is it possible to hide the server list
No, currently Discord does not provide an official option to hide the server list. The interface is designed to display your server list by default. However, there are some workarounds that you can try if you still wish to hide it.
Using compact mode
If decluttering your Discord interface is your main goal, enabling compact mode might be a suitable option for you. Compact mode reduces the space occupied by each item in the user interface and makes it more streamlined.
To enable compact mode:
- Click on the gear icon located at the bottom left corner of your Discord application to open user settings.
- In the Appearance section, toggle on the “Compact” option.
- Your Discord interface will now switch to compact mode, providing more screen space for your conversations and minimizing the prominence of the server list.
Using server folders
If you have a large number of servers and want to categorize them for better organization, Discord offers a feature called server folders. While this does not hide the server list completely, it allows you to group servers together and collapse or expand each folder as needed.
To create a server folder:
- Click on the “+” icon located at the bottom of your server list to create a new server folder.
- Name your folder and drag and drop servers into it.
- You can collapse or expand each folder by clicking on the arrow next to its name, making it easier to navigate through your servers.
While hiding the server list on Discord is not currently supported by default, you can still achieve a cleaner interface and better organization using options like compact mode and server folders. These features allow you to minimize distractions and focus on what matters most in your Discord experience.
Remember that even though you may hide your server list, other users will still be able to see mutual servers or if they have direct access to any specific servers. So always be mindful of what information you share online and adjust your privacy settings accordingly.
Experiment with these options and find what works best for you. Happy chatting!