7 Days to Die is a popular survival horror game that allows players to explore and survive in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. While the game offers an exciting multiplayer experience on public servers, many players wonder if they can have their own private server to play with friends or control the gameplay environment. In this article, we will explore whether it is possible to have a private server on 7 Days to Die and how you can set it up.
Can You Have a Private Server?
Yes, you can have a private server on 7 Days to Die. The game provides dedicated server software that allows you to host your own server and customize various aspects of the game.
Having a private server gives you full control over the gameplay settings, such as difficulty level, zombie spawn rates, loot abundance, and more. It also allows you to invite specific players and create a closed community for your friends or like-minded individuals.
Setting Up a Private Server
To set up a private server on 7 Days to Die, follow these steps:
- Download the Dedicated Server Software: Visit the official 7 Days to Die website and navigate to the “Downloads” section. Look for the dedicated server software compatible with your operating system (Windows, Linux, or Mac). Download the appropriate file.
- Install the Dedicated Server Software: Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions. Make sure to choose an appropriate installation location for your server files.
- Configure Server Settings: After installation, locate the “serverconfig.xml” file in your server installation directory. Open it with a text editor and customize settings such as difficulty level, zombie spawn rates, loot abundance, and more.
You can also specify the maximum number of players allowed on your server.
- Port Forwarding: To allow other players to connect to your private server, you need to configure port forwarding on your router. Access your router settings and forward the necessary ports (default is 26900) to your server’s local IP address. Consult your router’s manual or manufacturer’s website for detailed instructions on how to set up port forwarding.
- Start the Server: Once the configuration is complete, run the dedicated server software. It will start the server and generate necessary files.
- Invite Players: Share your server’s IP address and port number with the players you want to invite. They can use this information to join your private server by selecting “Join Game” from the main menu and entering the required details.
Benefits of a Private Server
Having a private server on 7 Days to Die offers several benefits:
- Customization: You have full control over gameplay settings, allowing you to create a unique experience tailored to your preferences.
- Privacy: A private server ensures that only invited players can access and play on it, providing a secure and closed environment for you and your friends.
- Lag-Free Gameplay: Compared to public servers that may experience high latency due to numerous players, a private server offers smoother gameplay with reduced lag.
- Tight-Knit Community: By inviting specific players, you can build a close-knit community where everyone shares similar interests and playstyles.
Having a private server on 7 Days to Die is not only possible but also highly beneficial. It allows you to customize the gameplay and create a secure environment for you and your friends. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily set up your own private server and enjoy a unique survival experience in the post-apocalyptic world of 7 Days to Die.