Can You Change Your Server on Discord?
If you’re an avid user of Discord, you may have wondered whether it’s possible to change your server. Whether you’re looking to switch to a different server or move your existing server to a new location, Discord offers some options to accommodate your needs.
Changing Servers on Discord
While it’s not possible to directly change the server itself, you can leave one server and join another. Let’s take a look at the steps involved:
- Leaving a Server: To leave a server, follow these steps:
- Open Discord and navigate to the server you wish to leave.
- In the left sidebar, right-click on the server name.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Leave Server. “
- You will be prompted with a confirmation pop-up. Click “Leave Server” again to confirm.
- In the left sidebar of Discord, click on the “+” button next to “Add a Server.
- A pop-up window will appear with two options: “Create” and “Join.” Click on “Join. “
- Type in the invitation link or code provided by the server owner.
- Click “Join” and voila! You have successfully joined a new server.
Moving Your Existing Server
If you are an owner of an existing server and wish to move it to a new location, Discord provides a feature called “Server Transfer.” However, it’s important to note that this feature is only available for Nitro Boosted servers.
Here are the steps involved in transferring your server:
- Nitro Boosting Your Server: Before you can transfer your server, you need to have it Nitro Boosted. To do so:
- Make sure you have a Discord Nitro subscription.
- In the server you want to boost, click on the server name at the top left corner. Click on “Server Boost. “
- Follow the prompts to boost your server using your Discord Nitro subscription.
- In the server you want to transfer, click on the server name at the top left corner.
Click on “Server Settings. “
- In the left sidebar of the Server Settings page, click on “Transfer Ownership. “
- You will be prompted with a pop-up window asking for confirmation. Click “Transfer Ownership” again to confirm.
The process of transferring ownership of a server should be done with caution. Once transferred, you will lose all administrative control over the server and become an ordinary member. Make sure you trust the recipient of ownership before proceeding with this action.
In conclusion, while you cannot directly change a Discord server, you can leave one and join another. Additionally, if you have a Nitro Boosted server, you can transfer ownership to another user. These options provide flexibility for users who want to switch servers or move their existing server to a new location.
Remember to consider the consequences of transferring ownership and make sure it aligns with your intentions for the server. Happy server hopping!