Are you tired of using the same old Discord icon for every server you join? Do you want to stand out and personalize your avatar for each community?
Well, you’re in luck! In this tutorial, we will explore whether it is possible to change your Discord icon by server and how to do it.
Can You Change Your Discord Icon by Server?
By default, Discord does not provide a built-in feature to change your icon on a per-server basis. Your profile picture remains the same across all the servers you are a part of. However, there is a clever workaround that can help you achieve this customization.
The Nitro Advantage
Discord Nitro is a premium subscription service that offers various perks to enhance your Discord experience. One of these perks is the ability to use animated and customized emojis across all servers. With Nitro, you can upload custom emojis and use them as reactions or in chat messages.
Creating Custom Emojis
To change your Discord icon by server, first, you need to create custom emojis that represent different avatars. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Discord and navigate to your user settings by clicking on the gear icon in the bottom left corner.
- In the settings menu, select “Emoji” from the sidebar.
- Click on “Upload Emoji” and choose an image file from your computer.
- Crop the image if necessary and give it a unique name.
- Repeat these steps for each custom emoji/avatar you want to create.
Note: To upload custom emojis, make sure you have an active Nitro subscription.
Using Custom Emojis
Once you have created your custom emojis, you can use them to change your Discord icon by server. Here’s how:
- Join the server for which you want to change your icon.
- Type a colon (:) in the chatbox to bring up the emoji picker.
- Start typing the name of your custom emoji and select it from the options.
Note: You can also use custom emojis as reactions or in server messages.
While Discord does not offer a direct option to change your icon by server, you can still achieve this customization by leveraging Discord Nitro and creating custom emojis. With Nitro’s ability to upload and use personalized emojis, you can have a unique avatar representation for each server you join.
To get started, consider subscribing to Discord Nitro and follow the steps outlined in this tutorial. Stand out from the crowd and make a statement with your customized Discord icons!