Can You Change Discord Server Owner?
Discord is a popular platform for communication, especially among gamers and online communities. It allows users to create servers where they can interact with friends, share information, and engage in various activities.
However, there may come a time when the server owner needs to change for various reasons. In this article, we will explore whether it is possible to change the Discord server owner and how to do it.
Can You Change the Discord Server Owner?
Unfortunately, as of now, it is not possible to directly change the server owner in Discord. The person who creates a server automatically becomes the owner, and this ownership cannot be transferred or changed through any built-in feature or setting.
1. Create a New Server:
If you really need to change the server owner, one option is to create a new server and transfer all the members, roles, and channels from the old server to the new one. This process can be time-consuming and may require some coordination with your community members.
Steps to Create a New Server:
- Create a new server by clicking on the “+” icon on the left sidebar of your Discord application.
- Name your new server and select an appropriate region.
- Customize your server by adding channels, roles, permissions, etc., similar to your old server.
- Invite members from your old server to join the new one by sending them invite links or directly inviting them if they are on your friend list.
- Migrate important information such as pinned messages, announcements, and rules from the old server to the new one.
- Inform your community about the transition and encourage them to join the new server.
Note: Keep in mind that creating a new server will result in a fresh start, and all previous server data cannot be transferred. Make sure to back up any essential information before proceeding with this method.
2. Collaborate with Discord Support:
If you have a compelling reason for changing the server owner and creating a new server is not feasible for you, you can reach out to Discord support for assistance.
Explain your situation clearly and provide relevant details such as why you need to change the owner and any supporting evidence if applicable. While it is not guaranteed that they will fulfill your request, they may be able to offer additional guidance or alternative solutions.
While Discord does not provide a built-in feature to change the server owner directly, there are workarounds available. By creating a new server or seeking assistance from Discord support, you can navigate through this limitation and maintain control over your community. Remember to communicate effectively with your members during any transition process to ensure a smooth experience for everyone involved.