Discord is a popular platform for communication among gamers, communities, and friends. With its many features and capabilities, it’s no wonder that Discord has gained such a large user base. However, as with any online community, conflicts can arise, and sometimes it becomes necessary to block someone on Discord server.
What does it mean to block someone on Discord server?
When you block someone on Discord server, you essentially restrict their access to interact with you in various ways. This includes preventing them from sending you direct messages (DMs), adding you as a friend, or mentioning you in channels. It’s an effective way to maintain your peace of mind and control over your server experience.
How to block someone on Discord server
If you find yourself needing to block someone on Discord server, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Login: Start by logging into your Discord account using your credentials.
- Select Server: Choose the server where the person you want to block is located.
- Open Member List: Locate the member list either on the right-hand side of the screen or by clicking on the “Members” tab at the top of the channel window.
- Find User: Scroll through the member list or use the search bar to find the user you want to block.
- Select User: Once you’ve found them, right-click their username and select “Block” from the context menu that appears.
- Confirm Block: A pop-up window will appear asking for confirmation. Click “Block” again to confirm your decision.
After following these steps, the person you’ve blocked will no longer be able to interact with you in any way on the server. It’s important to note that blocking someone on Discord server is not reciprocal. This means that while you won’t be able to see their messages or actions, they will still be able to see yours.
What happens when you block someone on Discord server?
When you block someone on Discord server, several things occur:
- No DMs: They won’t be able to send you direct messages or initiate a conversation with you privately.
- No Friend Requests: They won’t be able to add you as a friend.
- No Mentions: They won’t be able to mention your username in channels or tag you in conversations.
This effectively limits their ability to interact with you and ensures that they can’t disturb your experience on the server.
Unblocking someone on Discord server
If, for any reason, you wish to unblock someone on Discord server, follow these simple steps:
- Login: Log into your Discord account using your credentials.
- Select Server: Choose the server where the person you want to unblock is located.
- User Settings: Click on the gear icon at the bottom left corner of the screen to open your user settings menu.
- Privacy & Safety: From the side menu, select “Privacy & Safety.”
- Blocked Users: Scroll down until you find the “Blocked Users” section and click on it.
- Unblock User: Locate the user you want to unblock and click the “Unblock” button next to their name.
After completing these steps, the person you’ve unblocked will once again be able to interact with you on the server as they did before. Keep in mind that unblocking someone on Discord server does not automatically re-establish any previous connections or conversations.
Blocking someone on Discord server is a useful feature that allows you to maintain control over your online experience. By following a few simple steps, you can effectively limit someone’s access and prevent them from interacting with you.
Remember, blocking someone is not reciprocal, so while they won’t be able to reach out to you, they can still see your messages. If needed, you can always unblock them using the user settings menu. Stay safe and enjoy your time on Discord!