Can I Make a Private Server in Conan Exiles?
Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game that allows players to explore a vast and unforgiving landscape, build their own settlements, and engage in intense battles with other players. While the game offers an immersive multiplayer experience on official servers, many players prefer the freedom and control that comes with playing on a private server.
What is a Private Server?
A private server is essentially a dedicated server that is hosted by an individual or a group of players. It allows you to create your own unique gaming environment where you can customize various aspects of the game to suit your preferences. This includes adjusting the server settings, installing mods, and controlling who can join and play on the server.
Why Create a Private Server?
There are several reasons why players choose to create their own private servers in Conan Exiles:
- Control: With a private server, you have full control over the game settings. You can tweak things like player progression rates, resource availability, and difficulty levels to create the gameplay experience you desire.
- Customization: Private servers allow you to install mods, which can add new content, improve gameplay mechanics, or change visual elements.
This opens up endless possibilities for creating unique adventures in Conan Exiles.
- Privacy: Playing on a private server means that only those with access can join. This provides a more intimate gaming experience for you and your chosen community of friends or like-minded players.
- Lag Reduction: Official servers can sometimes suffer from lag due to high player populations. By hosting your own private server, you can ensure smoother gameplay and reduce latency issues.
Creating a Private Server
Creating a private server in Conan Exiles requires some technical knowledge, but it is not overly complicated. Here are the general steps to follow:
1. Set Up a Dedicated Server
To create a private server, you will need a dedicated server machine or a virtual private server (VPS) with sufficient resources to handle the game’s requirements. You can either rent a server from a hosting provider or set up your own if you have the necessary hardware and network capabilities.
2. Configure Server Settings
Once you have your dedicated server set up, you will need to configure the Conan Exiles server settings. This involves editing the game’s configuration files to adjust options such as player caps, experience rates, resource respawn rates, and more. These settings allow you to tailor the gameplay experience to your liking.
3. Install Mods
If you wish to enhance your private server with mods, you will need to install them accordingly. Conan Exiles supports mods through the Steam Workshop, making it easy to browse and download community-created content. Once downloaded, simply follow the mod’s installation instructions provided by its creator.
4. Control Access with Passwords or Whitelists
To maintain privacy and control over who can join your private server, consider implementing password protection or whitelisting. By setting up passwords or adding specific player Steam IDs to a whitelist, you can ensure that only approved individuals can access your server.
Making a private server in Conan Exiles offers players unparalleled control over their gaming experience. From customization options and mod support to privacy and reduced lag, creating your own private server opens up a whole new world of possibilities. So gather your friends, set up your server, and embark on an epic adventure in the savage lands of Conan Exiles!