Can Friends Join a Private Non Dedicated Server ARK?
If you are an avid ARK: Survival Evolved player, you may have wondered whether your friends can join your private non-dedicated server. The answer is yes, they can! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of setting up a private non-dedicated server and inviting your friends to join.
What is a Private Non Dedicated Server?
Before we dive into the details, let’s first understand what a private non-dedicated server is. In ARK: Survival Evolved, a private non-dedicated server allows you to host a game session for you and your friends. Unlike dedicated servers, which are always online and can accommodate more players, a non-dedicated server is hosted by one of the players and has limitations such as distance restrictions and player tethering.
Setting Up Your Private Non Dedicated Server
To set up your private non-dedicated server in ARK: Survival Evolved, follow these simple steps:
- Launch ARK: Survival Evolved: Start the game on your computer.
- Select ‘Host/Local Play’: From the main menu, click on ‘Host/Local Play’.
- Choose ‘Play Single Player’: In the next menu, select ‘Play Single Player’ to create your local game session.
- Select Map and Options: Choose your desired map and adjust the game options according to your preferences.
- Name Your Session: Give your session a unique name that you and your friends will recognize.
- Enable ‘Non Dedicate Server’: In the session settings, enable the ‘Non Dedicated Server’ option.
- Adjust Tethering Distance: Set the ‘Tethering Distance’ to a value that suits your gameplay style. This determines how far your friends can venture away from you.
- Start Your Session: Click on the ‘Play Single Player’ button to start your private non-dedicated server.
Inviting Friends to Join
Once your private non-dedicated server is up and running, it’s time to invite your friends to join the fun! Follow these steps:
- Share Your IP Address: Share your IP address with your friends. They will need it to connect to your server.
- In-Game Options: In ARK: Survival Evolved, have your friends select ‘Join ARK’ from the main menu.
- Select ‘Unofficial PC Session’: In the server browser, choose ‘Unofficial PC Session’ as the server type.
- Add Server: Click on ‘Add Server’ and enter a name for the server (e.g., “Friend’s ARK Server”).
- Add IP Address: Enter your IP address in the ‘IP Address’ field.
- Note: If you are using a specific port number, add it after the IP address separated by a colon (e., “192.168.1.100:7777”).
- Saving and Connecting: Save the server details and click on ‘Connect’ to join your friend’s private non-dedicated server.
Enjoy Your Private Non Dedicated Server
Now that your friends have successfully joined your private non-dedicated server, you can embark on exciting adventures together in the world of ARK: Survival Evolved. Explore vast landscapes, tame dinosaurs, and build magnificent bases side by side. Remember, while non-dedicated servers have limitations, they offer a more intimate and cooperative gaming experience with your closest friends.
We hope this tutorial has helped you understand how to set up and invite friends to join a private non-dedicated server in ARK: Survival Evolved. Enjoy your gaming sessions and create unforgettable memories together!